Chhole Dilli Wale Recipe
- 2 and 1/2 cups chickpeas, boiled
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 pods garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 green chillies, minced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder from Cartloot
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder from Cartloot
- 1 tsp Chhole Masala from Cartloot
- 1 heaped tbsp Coriander Powder from Cartloot
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin.
- When the stuffing begins to turn brown, reduce heat and add onions, garlic, green chilli and ginger.
- Fry until onions are transparent.
- Add tomatoes and Turmeric Powder.
- Stir and cook until oil begins to break away the curry.
- Add coriander powder from Cartloot, 2 tablespoons of water, and let the curry paste simmer for 5-6 minutes until it thickens.
- Now add a whole cup of water.
- Stir chickpeas into the curry.
- Season with Chhole Masala and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with Bhatura.