Amritsari Pindi Chhole Recipe
- 3 cups chickpeas (safed chhole)
- 2 medium sized onions, sliced round
- 2 medium sized tomato, sliced round
- 4 green chillies, cut lengthwise
- 8-10 paneer cubes, coriander, salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chhole Masala Powder from Cartloot
- 8-10 juliennes of ginger
- 1 tsp anardana
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder from Cartllot
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder from Cartllot
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder from Cartllot
- 2-3 tbsp refined oil
- 2 tea bags
- Soak chickpeas overnight/ 8 hours.
- Pressurised cooking in 4-5 cups of water + tea bags + salt.
- Remove and strain.
- Fry paneer and keep aside. Mix all powdered masalas in a bowl. Heat oil in a pan.
- In another kadhai, spread the chickpeas along side water, evenly. Add paneer.
- Add onions, tomatoes, ginger and green chillies.
- Spread the masala over them.
- Pour the heated oil over the chickpeas mixture.
- Cook on low flame, till water is reduced.
- Serve hot with Bhature.