Sev Ki Sabzi Recipe
- 1 and half cup Masala thick sev from cartloot
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 8-10 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tbsp Grated Roasted Dry coconut or Khopra
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin/Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Hing/Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp kaala Masala(optional)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Pound together the garlic cloves and dry coconut to a taste, without adding any water in a mortar and pessle, or using a grinder.
- Heat oil during a pan and add the mustard and cumin seeds.
- Once they splitter, add hing.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till they're translucent.
- Add the garlic and khopra paste and saute in low flame for 1/2 minute.
- Add turmeric, followed by red chilly powder and finally kaala masala and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp water to prevent the masala from burning.
- Saute till oil floats on top.
- Now add 1 and 1/2 cup water to it and mix well and bring it to a boil(You can add hot water to save time).
- Add the masala thick sev from cartloot to the boiling mixture and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- The mixture might turn little frothy due to sev absorbing gravy.
- Put off the flame , garnish with chopped coriander and serve.
- Oil shall float on top after sometime and the froth shall disappear.
- Serve the curry immediately, else the sev shall get soggy or might dissolve and disintegrate into the curry.
- Tip: You can saute the masala in advance and keep. Add the time of dinner add water to masala and boil,add sev and serve hot. Since sev has a tendency to absorb water, it's advisable to make this bhaji just before serving the meal, else the sev shall get soggy or might dissolve and disintegrate into the curry.