Maggi Pazzta Cheesy Tomato Twist Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups Maggi Pazzta Cheesy Tomato Twist Pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can i.e. 15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 cups shredded fontina or provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook Maggi Pazzta Cheesy Tomato according to package directions for; drain.
- In the meantime drain tomatoes, reserving juices, coarsely chop tomatoes. In a 6-qt. stockpot cook and crumble sausage with carrot, celery, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, seasonings and reserved juices, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Stirring in beans and 1/4 cup each Parmesan cheese and parsley. Stir in pasta. Transfer to a greased baking dish, sprinkle with fontina cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as instructed, increase the time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted to read 165°.
1 serving: 440 calories, 66mg cholesterol, 1029mg sodium, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.